Mid week progress

I found some time this week to join together the centerboard. After clamping, it appears to even be the right size!
All Clamped up
You can see the little board sticking out as I wanted to make sure the 1 inch of space is a sure thing, but after measuring that stick, it was larger than an inch so I pulled it out. After measuring all sides it is in the correct size.

That is blood sweat and sawdust right there
Also when gluing it together I added WAY more than needed thickened epoxy. The squeeze out was an easy mess to clean up as I took long and thin boards and scraped off the inside. After my learning curve I had a stick for every angle needed.

Funny part about this piece is that I was so worried about it turning out wrong I ran out several times to make sure that it wasn't glued inside out and other various terrors that struck me in the middle of the night. Finally I got over my fear and accepted what may come and if it is off a bit I will adjust the best I can and adapt and overcome what may! This weekend moving toward finishing the keel! Only issue is a massive cold snap of 40-50 degrees in Houston of all places!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins

Read the instructions three times, measure 47 times, cut once or twice

Freezing weather sickness and.. progress!