Progress (page 0)

So I made my first amount of progress tonight. My plan for the build is to do what I can to prep for the weekend like cutting wood, glass getting tools or whatever. Then do nothing but fiberglass and gluing on the weekend. Basically prep in the week, plan Friday night / Saturday morning then get shit done.

This week my goal is to have the centerboard trunk epoxied and glassed. Bonus points for getting the wood spacer between it glued on to one side or the entire thing in box form.

My first step read the manual and understand. I read all the way through and then again over the first part which is making the keel. I went out to the garage and and cut out the parts I need to make it happen. tomorrow I will sand the tabs that are left over (next to none thanks to that handy saw!) as well as setup the table to glass on.

Little did I know I would have assistance in the form of my daughter helping out, sawing a couple tabs off herself (not to shabby!) and dancing around throwing sawdust EVERYWHERE while singing " I'm the sawdust fairy and I will put dust everywhere, especially in daddy's hair!"

Sawdust Fairy in her natural habitat.

Pile of parts, each with a label as to what they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins

Read the instructions three times, measure 47 times, cut once or twice

Freezing weather sickness and.. progress!