Post-weekend report 1

So my goals were:

1) Fiberglass the inside centerboard trunk. - Completed
Bonus points for the following:
            a) Glue spacers in
            b) Glue centerboard trunk together

No bonus points as I'm not sure if I could sand on Sunday as I put on the last coat at 7:30ish Saturday night.

But on Sunday I did take the time to visit the hardware store and buy some closet hanger thingys, and rod to hang the fiberglass. Ended up putting it on the garage wall as it is a little over 4 feet wide and the epoxy command station is a little over 2 feet wide.

Then to get the fiberglass rod mounted I needed to reclaim some of my garage space. Per pocketship.net CLC recommends storing flat instead of vertical. So out comes another folding table into my back guest bedroom. I cut all remaining parts out of the plywood (soooo tired) and moved them back there. Then once that was moved I leaned the cradle MDF (uncut) against the wall and all the scrap plywood as well. Then mounted the fiberglass onto the wall up and out of the way.

Monday night is finishing up the weekend house cleaning, vacuum and sweeping all the saw dust I dragged in! and then sweeping up the garage and using my shiny new shop vac!

Next weekends goals:

1) Cut the centerboard trunk spacers
2) Glue them in place
3) Complete the centerboard trunk
Bonus points for the following:
           a) Glue the keel / keelson fore and aft puzzle joints
           b) put in the keel spacers
           c) Put the entire thing together

I hope to have the amount of wood I need figured out by Tuesday, then Wednesday I will visit the world famous Houston Hardwood and pickup a nice piece of spruce. Then Thursday get it cut to shape and start gluing it to one side of the centerboard Friday night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins

Read the instructions three times, measure 47 times, cut once or twice

Freezing weather sickness and.. progress!