Work area prep!


I suck at any kind of handyman item, my tools are 5 old flathead screw drivers, some hammers, a crappy drill, a nice drill my dad bought me. So tools are a must!

Quick research shows I need all sorts of tools


  1. Something to cut wood with: I settle on the Japanese saw on CLC, but buy on amazon cause free shipping and 3 bucks cheaper! I could have got a jig saw but I would probably fuck it up.
  2. Epoxy supplies: Mask, eye protection, gloves, sticks to stir, cups to stir in, Brushes, plastic wrap, blue painters tape.
  3. Sanding: I get a Rigid 5 inch random orbital, tons of 80, 120, 220 sandpaper. a shopvac and a tube to connect to the sander.
  4. Lights! I replace my crappy single bulb lights in my car garage with 4 foot 26000 lumen LED lights.
  5. CLAMPS- I settle on bar clamps, thank you habor freight for 2 dollar 24 inch bar clamps. I want at least 30.
  6. MISC: i got a 7 inch block plane, and a 12 pack of shiner brew to start.
I spend the three weeks while waiting for my pocketship kit to arrive throwing away all the stuff I do not need in my garage. I think my garbage man hates me now after tossing 20 some odd full ATX servers into the dump. I change the lights, clean up and organize what tools I have and blow out the garage to make it clean and bug free.
My epoxy shipment came first So now I have a pallet with hardener, resin, wood flour and cellocell (??) and I need a place to put it. So i remember when my brother lived with me for a short time he had a metal bread rack, I get ready to disassemble it and find it has wheels and is adjustable. NEAT! Thanks Joe!

Epoxy station
SUPER BRIGHT LIGHTS!

Fresh off the truck!
Open in all it's glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins

Read the instructions three times, measure 47 times, cut once or twice

Freezing weather sickness and.. progress!